Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm too young to be a grandmother

As you all know, we are proud parents of three wonderful little dogs. However, that number may increase in the next couple months.  Simba (our male chihuahua papillon) and Sadie (our female chihuahua) are not fixed.  I've been hesitant on this issue because I always toy with the idea of breeding them once nursing school is over.  At night and when we aren't home, we keep them kenneled separately.  They are never let out unless Tony or myself is around to supervise.  Well, that plan went out the window real fast last week.  While I was at work (finishing my 4 work days from hell) last Monday on the 9th, Tony left the room for two minutes to grab something to drink.  When he came back into the living room, he found that Simba had mounted Sadie and was locked into her.  There was no stopping it.
(Simba)

(Sadie)
If she is pregnant, we will have little to no time to prepare since dogs only carry for 61-64 days.  I guess I could always hold L&D clinicals, for nursing school, at my place! It's still way too early to know for sure (only 9 days).  So I guess we'll just have to hurry up and wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment