Friday, August 20, 2010

Hard work really does pay off

Ever since final exams ended exactly one week ago, I had been checking my email like crazy waiting for my final A&PII grade. I was scared and anxious to know all at the same time. Finally, on Wednesday, the email had arrived. I was at work and extremely nervous to open it in fear that I would be in a bad mood the rest of the day if I got a bad grade. We all know how important my grades are to me. I decided to open it anyways. I needed to know so that I could get rid of the 50 pound weight that was still resting heavily on my shoulders. I closed my eyes as I clicked on the email. I felt like my heart was going to beat right out of my chest. I opened my eyes and began to read:
"Hi Stacie
Your grade for the Final Exam was 85.1%, which counts twice.
Your grade for the second Practical was 91.8%.
The grade that was dropped was the 82.5 on the first practical.
Your final grade for the course is an A. Excellent job. I greatly enjoyed you and your class.
Good luck in the future,
Prof. Caulkins"
I was so happy and so relieved that I started to cry. All the studying, last minute cramming, and never ending stress this summer had finally paid off.
Next up.. Microbiology. Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. That's my beautiful wifey... I knew and will always know you can do anything!

    ReplyDelete