Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hesitant

I've had a handful of people ask me how my appointment went with the doctor in Boston.  To be honest, I'm not really sure how it went.  What I do know is that the doctor is just as perplexed as I am with my symptoms.  In order to get definitive details, I have two options.  First option is a hysteroscopy and the second option is a laparoscopy.  And of course there's always the option of having them both done at the same time.  I know that the laparoscopy is pretty much the reason for me going to Boston in the first place.  And I am not afraid of having the hysteroscopy.  Normally I am the type of person who jumps into things and will do anything to get an answer.  However, after meeting with the doctor on Friday, my gut is telling me differently.  I have my self all sorts of confused now.. if I know what I need to do next, then why am I so hesitant about going forward with it??

5 comments:

  1. Oh, honey! Why do you need one? What about parenthood. I'm VERY concerned . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. the doc says my symptoms are not text book symptoms for ANYTHING. so in order to figure out she has to be able to see what's going on beneath my flesh. the lap was the whole reason for me going down there but now i don't know what's up with my gut telling me to wait. it's weird. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there something you wanted to ask the Dr, but didn't? Is there something about the procedures that worries you? Or maybe you are afraid of what they might find? You have always been a go getter Stacy. Get your head in the game and do what you need to get done to feel better and move on in whatever direction this all takes you. You are a strong girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There isnt anything i forgot to ask the doc. I dont like the idea of general anesthesia.. But thats isnt whats bothering me. And im not afraid of what they will find.. After what happend in march i know exactly what the "what if they find something bad?" feeling is like.. And i went ahead with those tests because i knew i absolutely had to. The feeling i have this time is just very very weird. Its stressing me cuz i cant figure it out. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. im not quite sure the details of what youre facing currently, but i have a long history w female reproductive health. if you ever wanna chit chat i can give you a personal p.o.v. or help calm any nerves you might have, hope to help you ease your decision making <3

    ReplyDelete