Sunday, June 19, 2011

Close encounter

Just a little while ago I was getting ready to clean the pool.  As I was leaning over, fiddling with the skimmer trying to connect everything, I looked up.  Gasp!  There it was.  About six inches from my face.  The biggest, fattest, hairiest, nastiest spider I have ever seen in my life!  I immediately backed away, while trying to catch my breath.  Tony was at work.  Which meant that I was on my own with this one.  This post is probably going to make me out to be the worst person in the world.. so I apologize to anyone who is reading this (if anyone is even reading this).  So, as I sat there, staring at this creature, the ideas began flowing through my head as to how I should get rid of this thing.  My first thought was to step on it.  I tossed that idea right out the window when I thought of the crunching sound that this sucker was going to make if I actually did step on it.  And what would happen if I did make an attempt to step on it, but missed.  It might crawl on my foot and up my leg.  I wasn't about to take any chances.  I ran straight into the kitchen and opened the cabinets under the sink.  The good old chemical cabinet.  I decided to try my Hawaiian Breeze Glade Air Freshener first.  As I stood there, spraying 1/4 of the can, I noticed the coating of white fuzz on the spider.  It was so hairy that all I was doing was putting a sweater on it.  It was time for something more powerful.  Lysol Kitchen Clean.. with Bleach.  I began spraying like I have never sprayed before.  After about ten minutes, the spider finally fell onto it's back and began twitching.

Another twenty minutes and it finally died.


 I still can't seem to figure out exactly what kind of spider this is.  Although, everyone who has seen these pictures so far seems to think it's a tarantula of some sort.  So if anyone can identify this thing.. please fill me in!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am reading Stacie and I would have done the same thing. "THAT'S A HUGE BITCH!" My skin is crawling at the thought of that thing anywhere near me or the friggin crunching sound. A battle well fought BY YOU! LOL

    ReplyDelete