Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Damaged.


Although my marriage has been falling apart since January, for some reason I still didn't see it coming. A divorce. I can't get into the details because I just don't have the energy within me to think or talk about it any more.  I need to take the scarce amount of energy I have left and pour every last bit into my studies. This emotional rollercoaster has distracted me for far too long. I've realized that if I let all these emotions consume me, he wins. You never know how strong you really are until being strong is your only option. I know that all the strength in the world may never remove the "damaged" label that I've been stamped with, but I'm okay with that. Damaged people are the most dangerous, because we know that we can survive.

"Now we see that everything we have and everything we lack is exactly what we need. Every single day and everything we've made has put us in this place in just this way."

No comments:

Post a Comment