Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Someone else's turn

I have to make this quick since I have to leave for school in about 15 minutes. Things have not been getting better since my last post. My Papa (the brother of my great aunt that is dying) arrived in the ER I work at yesterday.. while I was working. He was not doing well at all. I'm going to lie.. he had me so scared at one point. The ER physician who I am really good friends with, looked at me and said, "If I have to intubate him, are you okay with that?" I was terrified but knew that I had to keep myself together since my Nana was there in the room. Luckily we avoided intubation, however, he was still admitted to the CCU with pneumonia related sepsis and an upper GI bleed. I went to see him this morning and he looked a lot better than he did yesterday. The stress just keeps piling up on my plate. I just keep asking myself when will be someone else's turn?

No comments:

Post a Comment