Saturday, March 19, 2011

Finally... A Letter

As I was down stairs paintint our end tables, I heard my dogs barking like crazy upstairs. I stepped outside to see if anyone was here. It was the mail man. I was hesitant to check the mail box since I was still waiting on a letter from the school and every day that it hasn't shown up, I get more and more disappointed. I decided to to check it anyways. Once again, to my disappointment I hadn't received anything from the school. As I walked back up the drive way, something in my gut told me to turn around and to my surprise the mail man had thrown the car in reverse and backed up to the mailbox again. I couldn't see over the snow bank which mailbox he was at but I did see a big yellow envelope get stuffed into one of them. I doubtful that it was for me, but I went back down anyways to check. And there it was.. a big yellow envelope from NCC admissions with my name on it. I only made it half way back up the driveway before I tore it open. All I read was "Stacie, We are pleased to inform you..." and that's when I fell to my knees and cried. It's been a long time since I have cried tears of shear happiness. People driving by must have thought I was crazy as I began throwing my hands up to the sky thanking God and all my angels resting peacefully up in Heaven! I have worked my butt off to get this far and I am beyond ready for the insane challenge of nursing school! Bring It On!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment