Friday, October 21, 2011

Pen15


The usual excuse.. I've been too busy or too tired to blog lately.  Someday I will come up with a new one.  Right now I'm going on day six of hanging out with my new best friend.  Her name is killer headache and she won't go away.  I've been living off Excedrin for the last week and I'm sure my liver is starting to hate me for it.
Last week, I somehow managed to take temporary ownership of the black cloud.  Between critical patients in the ER and all the codes called within the hospital, I couldn't catch a break.  I must have passed it off to someone else by Wednesday, however, the personal life black cloud continues to hover.  Tony spoke with his dad, Wednesday night, and got the news that his great grandmother passed away at age 103.  We both agree that it's really not something to be crazy upset about.  Instead, we feel that her passing warrants a celebration.  Of course we are sad that she is gone, but she lived a long, healthy (for the most part) life.
School is getting more and more interesting, now that we got bed making done and over with.  Last Friday, we spent five hours covering the topic of elimination.  In other words, we discussed peeing and pooping.  You're jealous, aren't you?  We got to talking about kidney infections and kidney stones.  I shared my husband's story of the 6mm kidney stone, he was supposed to have surgically removed but ended up peeing it out just a few hours before the surgery.  I explained, in a nutshell, what the doctor told him he was going to do in order to remove it.  I said, "The doctor told him (my husband) that he was going to go in through his junk, blast the stone, and scoop out all the pieces."  Although my teacher was laughing, she didn't approve of me using the word junk.  So she asked me, "Where was the doctor going to go in through?"  My response was, "His junk. His man piece. His goodies."  As the whole class erupted in laughter, she wouldn't leave me alone until I said. "Penis."  Technical terms just aren't my style.
Today's lecture is about medication administration.  Let's just hope that there's no possible way for me to embarass myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment