Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Birthday Girl

Yesterday I turned 27. I was told by many to enjoy the day and relax.  It seems that the older we get the more we wish for the simple things in life, such as a day of rest and relaxation.  It would've been absurd for me to wish such silly things.  Instead, I spent the first half of my day at clinical doing a review of my patient's chart.  When I got home, I was able to spend an hour with Tony before he went to work.  After he left, I did some chapter outlining, studied, and took an online exam.  Nothing too exciting nor was my day relaxing.  The best part about it all was when Tony came home from work with a cake for me.
No need for flowers though.  He surprised me with a dozen roses a couple of weeks ago when I burst into tears one morning before work.  The stress of everything had finally built up enough to break me down.  Thankfully I have a husband who refuses to watch me fall to pieces.  He always knows how to put me back together again.



1 comment: