Saturday, November 5, 2011

Let there be light.. and heat!

One week later and I'm finally posting again. The deeper and deeper we get into the semester, the less and less time I have to blog.  However, even if I did have time to blog last weekend, I couldn't. Thanks to the lovely, non-med compliant, ridiculously bi-polar mother nature for slapping us with a nasty snow storm, while still in the month of October. We were among many to lose power due to trees being weighed down and falling on power lines. Luckily, I was able to take a hot shower at work Sunday morning and I was rather thankful for having to work a 12 hour shift in a heated building. Meanwhile, Tony was able to get his hands on a generator and my folks let us borrow a small space heater. However, we couldn't leave it running Monday so that we could go to school. The generator would've run out of gas or we feared that someone would steal it.  And I refused to let my dogs stay in the dark or the cold. If I owned 3 huskies it may have been a different story.  I let my teachers know that I was going to be absent and thankfully they understood. And finally, 53 hours after being thrown into the dark, we were turned back on. Our apartment is no longer colder than it is outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment