Saturday, March 6, 2010

Kicked in the gut

This past Tuesday I had my first lab practical exam in A&P. I studied as much as I possibly could and still walked out of class with that gut feeling that I had failed it. I could barely even sleep that night because I every time I closed my eyes I could see the test questions and the answers I had put down and would realize that I put down the wrong answer! After only a couple hours of sleep, it was time to wake up and get ready for work. It was an alright day in the ER, I suppose, until I got kicked in the stomach by a patient. It wasn't accidental either. His intentions were to hurt someone, and that someone just happened to be me. The charge nurse told me he wanted me to press charges. At first I wasn't going to. I have enough on my plate with work and school. And patients that assault medical staff always seem to get away with it. So what's the point? After speaking with a police officer, and hearing about this guy's history of assaulting people, I figured I'd give a shot. Even if all they do is ban him from the hospital, I'll be happy with that. Luckily I wasn't seriously hurt. It could've been worse. And I don't want it to end up being worse for one of my coworkers in the future. If people keep letting him get away with it, he's just going to keep doing it.
However, I suppose the only good thing about being assualted by this guy, is that he kicked that gut feeling, about my lab practical, right out of my stomach. I got my exam grade back on Thursday and was in complete shock when I found out I passed it with a 100! I was tempted to ask her if my grade was accurate or not, because I shouldn't have scored that high. But why argue? I'll take it!! 100 is good enough for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment