Friday, April 29, 2011

The sharp knife of a short life

So much for TGIF. I got some pretty tragic news this morning. The story behind it makes it all the more tragic so I guess I will start from the begining. Last year, in February, a girl I grew up with lost her younger sister in a canoe accident. The younger sister was with two of her guy friends when the canoe tipped. The two boys made it to shore safely but she got pulled under the ice and drowned. My friend was very close with her sister and I guess the sadness that took over her.. eventually got the best of her. She was found dead in her bed this morning. Rumor has it that she overdosed but no one seems to know for sure if it was on purpose or completely accidental. I get angry about the situation when I think of the poor mother having to bury both of her children within a year. But I can't get angry specifically at my friend because I am fortunate enough to still have my sister and brother in my life. I'm not entirely sure what I would do or how I would react if I ever lost either one of them. I guess the lesson here is that life is short, so be thankful for the people in your life and tell them you love them as often as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment