Saturday, July 2, 2011

All in a day..

Yesterday was rather eventful.. but most of my days usually are.  It started off with a beautiful, early morning trip to the beach with Tony.  There was hardly anyone there.  We walked back and forth along the water collecting seashells.. and some unfortunate little starfish that were left behind to dry up in the sun.

After we arrived back home, Tony left for work and the afternoon was pretty mellow.  I spent my time sitting outside, soaking in the sunshine.  In the early evening, I went and picked up my little brother.. who isn't really all that little anymore.  He celebrated his 22nd birthday yesterday.  So I invited him over for some beers and early fireworks.  As soon as I got him back to my place, it started to rain.  It was still warm out, and knowing that we wouldn't melt (or atleast we hoped) we decided to stay outside despite a few drops of water.  And with the sun still shining, I began searching the sky for something beautiful until I found what I was looking for.  A rainbow.





The rain eventually stopped while the rainbow slowly faded and Tony arrived home, from work, shortly after.  Once the sun finally went down it was time to set off some fireworks.  Tony had already set off a handful in the driveway by the time I made it down there with my camera.  The next one tipped over after Tony had lit it, however, none of us knew this until we were face-to-face with a bunch a bright, colorful flames.  My brother headed towards the neighbor's yard while fireworks were shooting through his legs with every step he took.  All I could see was a bright green flame coming at my face.  Without thinking, I turned around and started to run.  I didn't get very far thanks to the little brick retaining wall that was right behind me.  I got a face full of dirt and scraped up shin.

I made my way up the stairs and onto the deck so I could go inside.  As I reached for the handle of the screen door I had another Gasp! moment. 


It was time for round two of the beast wars.  Without hesitation, I grabbed my bottle of Lysol kitchen cleaner and went right into attack mode.




It was another successful win for me and I remain undefeated.



Seashells, starfish, rainbows, fireworks gone wrong, scraped up shin, and another steroid bug battle.. all in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment