Friday, July 8, 2011

Domino effect

I am going to attempt to let go of my box of tissues for two minutes so I can post this.  So, in other words, of course I had to wake up sick this morning.  My assumption is that it is related to the stress of yesterday.  I got a phone call from the actual hospital line.  I knew right away that I was about to receive some sort of bad news because no one in my family ever calls the hospital directly for me unless it's something bad.  I picked up the phone only to hear my husband's voice, going a mile a minute, saying that my grandparents had fallen down a flight of stairs and my papa landed on top of my nana.  Keep in mind that these are the same grandparents that I blogged about in this post "Someone elses turn."  They have been through enough already.  However, I ended up finding out what really happend.  They were carrying some grocery bags into the house.  My papa was walking up the front steps behind my nana.  Papa tripped and fell forward, right into nana, causing her to fall forward landing directly on her knee.  Just like a couple of dominoes.  Instead of calling for an ambulance, they continued bringing their groceries in, had their dinner, and then called my mom.  Unfortunately, there wasn't much that my mom could do since she was stuck at work, so she called my dad who picked them up and brought them to the ER that I work at.  Turns out that my nana has a patella fracture in her already arthritis filled knee.  She ended up discharged from the ER and by the time I got home I was completely drained and felt some sort of a cold setting in.  I went to bed in early in hopes that I could sleep it off before it set in full force.  I may have lost the battle but I am determined to win the war.  I will beat this cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment