Monday, July 11, 2011

It's still just the begining

Five years ago, on this exact day, Tony and I began our journey through life together. Of course, five years ago on this day, he was in Mississippi training and getting ready for his second deployment to Iraq. However, I still vividly remember receiving his e-mail telling me how he felt about me and that if I faithfully waited for him that he would come home to me safe and unharmed. I was scared that what he was telling me could potentially turn out to be the complete opposite and that he could be killed over there. I wanted to stop myself from falling even more in love with him so that it wouldn't hurt as much if that did happen. My heart wouldn't let me stop though. Deep down I knew that he was the one for me.  And the first 432 days of our journey, together, were spent apart.  He returned home to me, three days after our one year wedding anniversary, safe and unharmed.  Just like he promised.  Five years seems like a long time, but I know that this is still just the begining of an amazing journey through life together.

I woke Tony up very early this morning and I dragged him to the beach so that we could watch the sun rise together.  It was beautiful.





No comments:

Post a Comment