Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 1

Day one of my journey through nursing school and I lived through it.  The most difficult task today was surviving the boredom of going over the course introduction and syllabus.  Which is really all that ever occurs on the first day of a new class.  It's painful, yet I know it has to be done.  We all got little gift bags from the senior nursing students, which was very kind and thoughtful of them.  At the end of the class, the instructors handed out our clinical totes.  Most of us found it to be the most exciting part of the day.  However, my tracheostomy kit was damaged during shipping, causing something inside to start leaking.  Luckily we won't need that until our second year, so the instructors have plenty of time to send it back and get me a new one.
We've already been given our first reading assignment of about seven or eight chapters.  Bleh!  It's like having to make an appointment with the dentist.  Unless, of course, you enjoy going to the dentist.  If that's the case then please feel free to do all of my reading for me.  Any takers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment