Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Shake things up a little

So, yesterday was orientation.  I'm happy that it's done and over with.  Like most orientations it was boring. 


Until mother nature decided to shake things up a little bit.  As my classmates and I sat and listened to our nursing instructor, the tables began to rattle and the building shook.  We felt the 5.8 Virginia earthquake.  It wasn't the most comforting feeling especially being up on the third floor of the building.  But we survived it all.  However, the survival of school will be a whole different story.  Course material will be up on blackboard as soon as Saturday, and I have already started studying.  Maybe because I've morphed into a nerd over the last couple years or maybe it's my drive and desire to succeed.  Whatever the case may be, I'm already exhausted and I am sure that it's not a good way to start my first semester of nursing school.  I want nothing more than to sleep as much as I can this weekend, but if I'm busy sleeping then I am missing opportunities to be studying.  I am already pushing myself way too much.  Apparently, the earthquake neglected to shake any common sense into me.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment