Saturday, August 27, 2011

I hate you, Irene.

The first day of school is already canceled!!  All because of a hurricane that may, or may not, hit us.  We survived an earthquake the day of orientation, we can survive a hurricane the first day of school!  In my opinion, everyone is overreacting.  I don't doubt that hurricane Irene is a nasty storm, however, as of this morning it is still way south of us and a category one.  Yesterday, they were saying that by the time it hits us way up here it will be a category 1 or a even just a tropical storm.  It's not even supposed to reach us until tomorrow night!  The winter snow storms are always bad enough to cause cancelations.  Now we already have a day to make up and school hasn't even started yet!  I think that the decision to cancel school was made way too early and I am kind of pissed off about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment