Thursday, August 25, 2011

Follow up appointment and my LAST appointment

In a couple of hours I have my follow up colposcopy.  I still don't understand why I need it considering the last one I had was completely normal.  After this appointment I will also be done with this doctor.  I have been less than impressed with him.  Throughout the summer I have also decided to not have the laparoscopy done.  If I do have endometriosis, I'm already on birth control which the treatment for it.  So I'm not going to put my body through the stress of surgery or the chance of infection.  And if it is something serious, hopefully my symptoms will change or get worse before it's too late.  Or maybe the new doctor, I'm hoping to get in with, will know what's going on with me.  I recently took care of a very sweet nurse who works in the special care nursery at the hospital and she had wonderful things to say about the new doc that I want to go see.  When I asked her what she thinks about the doctor I have now her response was, "He's..umm... he's nice."  That comment alone makes me not want to go to my appointment this morning.  Actually, I haven't wanted to go to it all summer long.  I wanted to change to a different doctor after the first colposcopy.  However, I didn't want to walk away and dump my crisis on a new doctor.  I figured it would be in my own best interest to stay with the same doctor until the issue is resolved so that none of my results or paper work would get lost in the shuffle of switching to a different office.  I have decided that if, for some crazy reason, this follow up test does come back abnormal and I need even more testing.. I'm still removing myself from his care and going elsewhere.  "Nice" will get a doctor only so far.  I want a great doctor, nice or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment