Thursday, August 4, 2011

Playing the catch up game

I know that my excuses for not posting in a while are pretty lame.  To be honest, the last couple weeks of my life haven't been all that interesting.  And now I have to play the catch up game.
For starters, my aunt scored some free NASCAR tickets for the July 17th race at Loudon.  She asked me if Tony and I wanted them.  With it being my weekend off from work, we gladly accepted the offer.

Come to find out, our neighbor Randy also had a ticket to the race, so we all drove up together the night before.  It was a fantastic experience.  Tony and I had so much fun!



We hung out with an old friend and got to make some new friends.



And of course, Ryan Newman (driver of the US Army car) took the win.  Army strong baby!




Next up my list of updating is the phrase "birds of a feather stick together."  To all my friends in southern NH, I'm sure you've noticed the increasing number of hawks.  There's a few of them that have a nest in the trees across the street from me as well as behind my home.  So it's not uncommon for me to step outside and see them up in the sky.  Every now and again they will fly a little too low for my liking.  Before it starts to seem like I'm getting off track.. the phrase I just quoted does go with the fun fact regarding the creatures living around my abode.  When Tony was in the Army, his nickname came from his last name.  Hawkins was always shortened to Hawks.  Maybe that's why I find the actual birds to be such beautiful creatures.  One of them even left something behind for us.




Last Thursday, I had to work so my wonderful husband decided to go out and buy all the books that I need for nursing school.  The dilemma I have now, is how I'm going to carry all of them considering the fact that all together they weigh 40 pounds!  Which is half my weight!!



One of my other excuses for not keeping up with this blog, on my days off from work, is that I have been busy crocheting.  Yup, another lame excuse.  However, I did finish it last Friday.  And all three of my babies approve of it.




I'm currently working on a blanket for Tony, however, progress has been hindered on that project due to another project.  A couple days ago, the pressure relief valve on the well pump decided that it didn't want to work any more.  In other words, our entire garage was flooded with a good two to three inches of water.  On that note, I need to end this update here and continue to help Tony with the garage clean up.  Hopefully we will finish everything today!!


1 comment:

  1. That's it? No cool bug encounters? LOL

    I am kidding. I know how busy you are. You should get one of those cases with wheels for that ton of books. Your gonna have back problems carrying those suckers.

    Hope the garage clean-up is a success. Think of it this way, your garage will be nice and clean now.

    ReplyDelete