Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Exam number two.

More rain this morning.  Urgh!  This is crazy.  I guess I should be thankful that at least it's not snow, considering this is New England and anything is possible.
I was supposed to work at 7am today, but thanks to last week's hurricane and the first day of school being canceled, our ATI critical thinking test was rescheduled to today.  So now I have to drive all the way to Nashua, to be at school for an hour and a half, to take an exam that will determine if I am able to think critcally.  So in order to make up the hours I will miss at work, I will be playing secretary from 3pm-7pm.  And to make my life more difficult, I haven't had to work the desk since we upgraded the Meditech program we use for entering orders.  My whole day is going to be filled with critical thinking.  I'm so excited.. not really.
Speaking of exams, we won't know our med math test results until Friday the earliest.  I hate waiting for test grades!  I can already feel my hair starting to fall out!  However, on one of the questions, I could not remember the conversion to save my life.  I had no other choice but to make a guess.  Something is better than nothing, right?  I was beyond stressed about it, since I figured my answer would be wrong and we have to get at least nine out of ten questions correct.  And now I knew I had already got one wrong.  However, when I got to my car, I immediately pulled out my conversion chart and looked it up... my guess was correct.  I'm not sure how I pulled that one off, but I'm not going to complain about it.  Now we just have to sit back and wait until our grades are given to us.  I do feel very good about it and that scares me.  We all know, from the past, that when Stacie has a good gut feeling things usually result in the complete opposite.  I'm praying that my gut feelings in nursing school will prove to be different.  Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment