Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy 5 Year Anniversary


‎Five years is a long time. Long enough to make plenty of mistakes, to regret things we did or didn't do, to pull through sadness and try to find happiness, to push people away, hurt the ones we love. So many things that we all wish we could go back and do differently.. Not me though. five years with my best friend isn't something I would be willing to change. Not a single moment of it.. From deployment right down to this very second. My 5 years has been the best journey of my life.



Who would've ever thought we'd make it this far?  I know plenty of people had their doubts.  And with the deployment four days later.. I'm sure we both had doubts for a split second.  Our first year of marriage was such challenge.  All the letting go we had to do.  The sleeping alone.  Constantly wondering if each other was okay.  It was hard.. really hard.  But we held it together.


I remember, so vividly, what it was like to have to let you go.  It's not something I ever want to do again, but I wouldn't change it for the world.  It made us strong.  It taught us to appreciate the true meaning of love always.

We have learned that absense makes the heart grow fonder.. but I also learned that absense rips a gaping hole in my heart.  What I like most, of the things we've learned, is that good things come to those who wait and great things come to those who wait for their true love for 432 days of heart wrenching separation.



Five years later, I'm still by your side.. and in 100 more years, I'll still be right here.  Happy anniversary to my love, my soldier, my heart, and my hero.  Happy anniversary to my wonderful husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment