Friday, September 9, 2011

It's the life of a nursing student

After three days of having to sprint to my car in the morning so I don't get soaked, I can finally take my time today.  It's not raining and I'm loving it!


More good news, med math grades were posted on blackboard yesterday and I passed!  I didn't get a 100, which naturally has me a little bummed.  However, I'm forcing myself to be positive about it, I passed it on the first try and now I can give meds during clinical.  What a relief!
Triple good news, I have the weekend off.  I'm really liking the idea of being able to sleep in.  I doubt I will though.  My brain is in overload and it wants to function 24/7.  I haven't been studying as much as I should the last couple of nights.

Yes, believe it or not, the picture above is a light load of studying.  I have so much to do and so much to prepare for, that I will probably end up being sprawled out all over the living room floor this weekend.
There's something else on my mind, as I sit here in my car, staring at the empty school parking lot.  I'm obsessed with being mega early to school.  I like to get here about an hour before class starts.  This seems to upset Tony. 


I have explained, to him, my reasons for being so early, and he still doesn't understand, which makes me upset.  I feel like he isn't grasping how important nursing school is for me.  I can't afford to be stuck in traffic and arrive late to class.  My professors are constantly stressing how vital it is that we are on time.  I need to prove my dedication to nursing school while it's still early in the semester, so that when (or if) something crucial does happen, my instructors may be a little more willing to cut me some slack.  I know that Tony is frustrated with how little time we've had to spend with eachother.  I'm always at work, at school, studying, or going to bed early due to complete exhaustion.  I have worked my butt off to get to where I'm at, and I'm not about let it slip through my fingers this far into it.  I know that this hectic schedule of mine is temporary and I have to do whatever it takes to make it through nursing school so that Tony and I can have our own family and live the life we've been dreaming of.  I just wish I could get him to understand that a little bit better.  I feel as if his frustration with me and my routine is a lack of support.  I know that's the farthest thing from the truth.  He is my biggest fan (aside from my mom of course).  I just wish he would show it a little more often.  I need his understanding and support, now, more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment